
We had a fun and wild weekend! First...Travis went to DC for work so I was a single mom until Sunday!! The weekend began with Emma's first ever dance recital. She was so brave and did a fantastic job. Next we were off to her Aunt Becky's wedding. The ceremony was beautiful and took place in our childhood church. The bride and groom rode away on a horse drawn carriage. In our classic family fashion, when the bride and groom let 2 doves out of a box, someone in the crowd shouted, "Those aren't doves, their PIGEONS!" Then someone shouted "They're SEAGULLS!" Then to top it off, someone said, "Whatever they are they'll be up in the Food Lion parking lot in 5 minutes!" Too funny! Today the kids spent time with Travis while I headed back out to spend the day with my dad! As you can see, my sweet niece and nephew came up from SC for the weekend. Clara wishes she were a real princess and was so excited to see Emma's dance recital. Christian was terrified of me..Bev said I was too loud and my hair was wild compared to hers. Anywho, the weekend was fun and now we are on the countdown for the last day of 1st grade. Only 7 days and my baby will be headed to 2nd grade. When did this happen??? By the way...WHAT am I gonna do for the next month with all the kids home???? What do child labor laws say about a 7 year old working? PS...funny quote of the weekend
Charlie
Mom, is hush a bad word?
Mom
No, not really
Charlie
Mom, is shut up a bad word?
Mom
Yes
Charlie
Is shut down a bad word?
Mom
No!
Five minutes later as I was scolding him for something, he looked at me and said, "HUSH, mom!!"
Mom
OK charlie, yes hush is a bad word!!"
Charlie
Well, shut down MOM!
fair enough!!
2 comments:
Can't wait for more photos! What a weekend you all had. Charlie is too funny. Love, MOMjNana
haha!!! I'm dying at the conversation. that's my nephew! he's so cute :)
Post a Comment