Friday, June 12, 2009

How does your garden grow? Uh...mine's a little iffy!

Welcome to my tour through the backyard. This is the first time I've planted food and I'm amazed that things are actually alive and growing. NO LAUGHING!
These are our tadpole habitats. We got them when they were as small as a pea. Now they are fat and beginning to look like frogs. The kids love watching them change. I thought they'd be belly up by now.
Anyone recognize these leaves? I didn't label what I planted so now we don't know what they are.
These are our cornstalks. When my neighbor saw these she laughed and said, "We're gonna have a HARVEST!" This is my first garden and I'm amazed that anything came up.
Ah, my tomato plant!! This is one thing I will actually use!
Above are my lima bean plants. Where exactly the beans are...I don't know. It's time to replant them.
Here is my basil taking over my flower. It smells so good. I keep making my neighbors try a leaf! To bad I don't cook and actually use it.

2 comments:

MOMjNana said...

Good for you, Christy. Emma loves basil by the way. It makes a lovely bouquet in the kitchen and smells so good. Just try it with any thing that has tomatoes in it, even sliced tomatoes with diced leaves as a salad. Did you plant pole beans? Those leaves could be that. If they get little squiggly things on them it means they want to climb so provide something. The beans will come after the flower so look for them first. The tad poles are so funny but I know the kids love the whole experience. Love, Judy

gjo said...

Christy, the plant that you were asking about looks like cucumber vines. I love all the pretty pictures. Glad you're growing a garden for my sweet grandchildren. Love, Mom