Monday, June 16, 2008

We're Baaaack!



Oh my ga! The beach was amazing! Perfect weather, great company, kids got along, great food, tons of fun on the beach AND in the OCEAN...even the kids went in! The highlights of our week were seeing a shark the first day...of course I reenacted the scene from Jaws, running up and down the beach screaming, "SHARK, SHARK, GET OUT OF THE WATER!" It didn't help that Travis was in with Graham and the shark was between them and the shore! Another highlight was setting off fireworks a few nights. The kids thought it was terrific. We put glow sticks on them and gave them flashlights and they attempted to look for crabs! To end the week, I got bit when I was in the ocean BY MYSELF!!!! I had a noodle and was totally relaxing when a mouth closed around my heel. I made another ridiculous scene flailing to get out, my bathing suit falling down and of course trying to hal this stupid noodle out. I had 2 puncture holes and yes I BLED!! I am fine now, thanks for your concern! Oh, I almost forgot, the most hilarious highlight...by far, was when EMily, my sis-in-law, tried out her new shears on her husbands head. She absolutely scalped the poor guy. I tried to fix it but basically had to just shave it all off. Check out the pictures...OH, OH,OH!!! GRAHAM IS POTTY-TRAINED!!!! He went naked all week and everyone helped to make sure he got on the potty frequently. We had a party everytime he pooped. Unfortunately, he peed in his pants at Chick-fil-a today. He could have cared LESS! Oh well, I'll keep trying! Enjoy the pictures!
Here the kids were all anxiously awaiting the fireworks!
This is a picture of Emma laying her Molly doll out in the sun.
This was a scavenger hunt that the kids did...As you can see, the shovels make an "X",for "X" marks the spot. We hid a treasure chest in the sand and inside it said...let's go have ice cream...they were thrilled!
CHeck out the hair on Dave...
Graham was soo tired this night...
The goggles were mostly for keeping the sun out of his eyes and for fashion of course





Farewell Holden Beach...we'll see you next year! The Getz Gang

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow!!! You left out all the good stuff when we talked today -- like the shark and getting bitten! Ouch! Besides that, it sounds like you had an AWESOME time. The pics are great... kids look beyond adorable. Back to reality now, huh? Believe me, I'm so feeling it... talk to you in the AM!

Heather said...

LOVE the picture of graham sleeping at the table...way to go with the undies little man!...Miles has joined the no diaper club too!
H