Thursday, April 23, 2009

Transformer/Pirates Birthday Party...The boys turn 4!

We celebrated the boys' 4th birthday tonight with a Transformer party and a Pirate's of the Carribean cake. I've always let the kids pick out their own cakes and most of the time, it doesn't match the "theme". After checking out the cake at a few different places (over the last MONTH) ,they finally narrowed it down to a pirate cake after wanting Diego, bugs, dinosaurs, Spongebob and Spiderman. The cake was awesome and yummy, too! The boys always have the same kind of party...cake and cheese balls, open presents and the only guests are 3 neighbor families and Jon/Kira/Zach and Ethan. They did ask to invite a little boy from the neighborhood this time. The best part of any birthday with the boys is decorating the house. They get soo excited and ask the funniest questions...is the party now, are the people here, can we see the people, can we keep the decorations up forever, will we get lots of presents, can we take all the presents to show-and-share tomorrow, is it time for the party, is it time for the party, is time for the party???? Then...whoaa...when the guest do start arriving, it's almost too much excitement. They run around out of their minds. It is soo cute. The house turns into a zoo with 11 kids. The boys snuck a pack of sparkling candles in my grocery cart this week, so combined with the ones I had already gotten, the cake was absolutely covered in candles. Funny thing is they were the kind that re-lit. ALL the kids were trying to blow out the candles and they were screaming when they re-lit. The boys got lots of great gifts and had so much fun. The best thing was it started at 6:30 and everyone was gone by 8:00. SO, the party was a success and I didn't cry to see them turn 4. We have had a crazy, hard, outrageous, fun, special, miraculous, looney, insane, did I say hard? and a blessed four years. I don't know how we've survived having 2 babies, double diapers, double temper tantrums, double feedings...I feel like we have finally "made it". Graham and Charlie are unbelievable kids. They are best best friends and are soo funny. They are wild and loud (wouldn't have it any other way, although at times I could easily lose my mind). They are social and loving. I though we'd NEVER get here, but we are and we have so many amazing memories of the past 4 years. Graham, Charlie and Emma...daddy and I are the luckiest parents in the world! Our hearts are so full of love for you and of the love you give in return. You are the BEST kids in the world.













How old are we???

3 comments:

MOMjNana said...

Wow! It looks like a good time was had by all! Happy Birthday Boys!
Love, NanaBanana

Beth said...

Oh, I love them SOOO much!!! Just wait till Bethioli gets her hands on them this summer!!!

The video is HILARIOUS!!! :o) Party looked awesome and your post was BEAUTIFUL. Well done!!!

Happy (belated) birthday, Charlioli & Grahamala! xoxoox!

Heather said...

that is the funniest video I've ever seen! happy bday boys!!! we love you!