
Well, I should let you all know that we decided to stay in Wisconsin. But when I emailed the news home , this is the letter I got in response...
This is a warning… a warning from the Laurel Wreath Lane – Carpenter Village Street Association.
You DO NOT love Wisconsin.
You are being hypnotized by nice weather and fun-family outings.
You only slightly enjoy being able to use public transportation to go to amazing places like Chicago with your adorable daughter and her American Girl.
You are breathing air that only appears more healthy.
You are missing loud plane noises. Quiet star-filled nights (and the sweet sound of crickets) can cause hearing loss… because you don’t hear anything.
Your boys are tricking you when they pretend to exude pure joy in muddy knees and wide open spaces to run.
You DO NOT love Wisconsin, and if you think you do… go back in the winter when the average temperature is 16 degrees and average snow fall is 45 inches. (It’s true… I Googled it.)
We welcome your return to Cary – the land Norman Rockwell dreamed of from its perfectly groomed lawns and cookie-cutter neighborhoods to its identical multi-use commercial areas, each complete with at least one full-service, 24-hour grocery store and competing drug stores. We promise to re-endear your heart with our dual-sidewalk streets and laughing children walking, biking and scootering to school… all year long.
We are pleased to offer this electronic intervention service complimentary of the Laurel Wreath Lane – Carpenter Village Street Association.
So...we came home. Here's to three weeks of rest, fun, adventure and making memories. Thank you to Nana for all the arts and crafts...Thank you to PopPop for the weiner roasts and a big thank you to Great Granpa Allen for teaching me ALL the many things I didn't know! The kids will never forget "pounding nails", swinging, digging, playing in boxes, painting pumpkins or corn and hay mazes. Same time, same place, next year! (If you've recovered and cleaned up by then)
2 comments:
What a great post you wrote. Oh... I'm so glad you all had such a great time in Wisconsin. We might have to join you next year. :) I am glad that you're home, though, so we can catch up... and you can come to VA!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
I am really laughing out loud- here all by myself in the WI quiet, listening to the crickets. What a wonderful time it was. Grandpa Allen keeps expecting one of the boys to pop out of one of the box houses downstairs. Tomorrow I'll start clean-up in earnest. The Burger Mobile is now a Trash Mobile and I have told PopPop that it is not my fault!
Love to you all, NanaBanana
Post a Comment