Monday, May 10, 2010

GRAHAM HEARS ‘GOD’

I was taking some time off from work in preparation for an out of town trip and went with Christy to pick the boys up from preschool.

The procedure at their preschool is that kids have to sit at a picnic table in the play ground until their parents come and get them (this way the parents don’t have to chase them all over the playground).

Christy stayed in the van and I went to collect them. I approached the chain link fence that surrounds the play ground from an angle where the boys couldn’t see me, kind of behind them.

I cupped my hands to my mouth and, looking at Graham, I whispered ‘GRAHAM!’ twice. Graham started looking all around, but did not see me a first. Then he saw me and gave me a big smile.

I did the same with Charlie and got the same result. Took him a second to see where the voice was coming from.

So I walked to the gate and got hugs and then took them to the car. In the car I was recounting for Christy what had happened with me calling to them.

Graham said “Daddy, when I heard my name… I thought it was God talking to me!”

Haha, T

2 comments:

Beth said...

wow, i can so picture travis saying that.... i think he's tried whispering "bethioli" like that... come to think of it, i thought it was G-d then too!

miss & love you both!!!

Mocha_Mom said...

one of my favorite stories... that Graham is a cutie :)