Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fallen off the blog wagon!!

I have really fallen off the blog wagon in the past few months. Life with 3 kids has been busy! The most exciting thing right now is that the boys took their training wheels off their bikes and are now champion riders. Emma was 7 when she finally learned to ride training wheel free and I cannot believe the boys did it at 4! It was a big proud parent moment...I have bragged on my boys all week! By the way, I have taught all the kids on our street to ride trainers free. Hint...you just push them....no running along with them. Take them to a grassy hill and scream pedal, pedal, pedal!!!!! This has opened a new world to the boys. We can take rides around the lake now. Yahoo!!

We went to Wisconsin for the first three weeks of October to stay with Nana and Pop-Pop! The weeks were filled with campfires, too many roasted marshmallows, wiener roast, hay rides, pumpkin pickin', hay mazes, corn mazes, swinging on the rope swing, rides on their new motorized harley, tons and tons of art, making scarecrows, making forts in gthe woods, time with Great-grandpa Allen, parties and so much more fun!!! Daddy was able to come for the last week so Mommy got to read lots of book and rest! I cherish these visits because it is a time where the kids play together nonstop. They were creative and silly together. Great memories were made. Nana and Pop-Pop, thanks for putting up with the noise and messes. We love you!

Today is Halloween and as most of you know...it is a big deal in the Getz house. We decorated before we went to Wisconsin (the end of September). The boys have changed their minds daily on what they will dress up as. Good thing we have tons of costumes that they can choose from. So, the day is finally here and they can hardly wait to trick or treat! Tomorrow the celebration continues with our annual Halloween party. We rent a bounce house, a slide and this year we'll have snowcone maker. We will have a special appearance by a real racecar driver and his cool and LOUD car!! He autographs pictures and poses for pictures with the kids. Basically, he is the coolest person in the world.

Up next is a visit from my precious nephew, Christian! Bev and Elliott are taking Clara to Belize and leaving the big boy behing with mom and I. I plan on feeding him lots of junk food since Bev and Elliott are health nuts and tried to feed my 2 year olds tofu when we were at Disney. He is going to be spoiled rotten by the time they get home...

1 comment:

Beth said...

I want to be a kid in the Getz house.... soooooooooo fun!!!

Miss & Love You!!! Call Me!!!