Friday, June 5, 2009

My sweet Dad!

Well, today I am sitting with my Dad at Duke Hospital. He's fighting cancer. Cancer had never affected anyone I know so this journey has been a new one for my family and I. I really hate cancer...it is like the enemy. I've tried to explain to the kids what Papa has. They don't get it, at all. I try to protect my kids from bad things but this one is out of my control. Three years ago Dad was diagnosed with cancer and was given 20 months to live. Today we are one month from hitting three years. It's been a great three years. My Dad is my hero.

3 comments:

MOMjNana said...

Just know I love you very much and think you have been a wonderful daughter to your sweet Dad. It is great that you live close enough to be involved in his life at this time. Christy I know your presence is a comfort to him. Love, Judy

Heather S. said...

Christy,
I'm so sorry...You are in our prayers.

Beth said...

You are always in my thoughts. Carl is, too. I have a card for him -- please send me his address. Love you.