There once was a family of five, who were trying to stay alive! But the dad lost his hair, and the children would not share, and the mom could barely survive!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Camp Getz...Day 2
What a great day we had!!! I knew it was going to be a good one when we didn't hear from anyone until 7:30am. When we all got up, everyone was happy and had a great breakfast. Unfortunately, it was POURING when everyone was finished and dressed. The thought crossed my mind to just stay home and play but as quick as it entered, the thought left. We were going OUT!! So, 5 unbrellas in hand, we headed to downtown Raleigh and went museum hopping. We were all sad to find that Marbles was closed on Monday's. But we had plenty to do and see in the Natural Science and History Museums. We must have spent 1.5 hours in the Science Museum and 45 minutes in the History (that museum is so up Travis' alley... it did have a great Nascar exhibit that Zach freaked over). We went to a "Meet the Animals" class and the kids touched an alligator, cockroaches and a turtle. They LOVED every minute of it! We had lunch at the Cafe and then went across the street to the Legislative Building...can you say FACE LIFT? It looks the exact same way today as it did back in the 80's when I went with my 4th grade class. The kiddos loved the big red carpeted staircase but the old ladies working at the front desk weren't amused when the kids had a race to see who could get to the top first. Oh well! Anyways, we didn't have anymore rain so the kids used their umbrellas in other unique ways...to block the sun from their eyes, to row the canoe carved by Native Americans (I thought we were definitely gonna get kicked out for getting in that), Zach squished a bug with his AND stuck his in the water fountain, they used them to shoot the bad guys??? They all REALLY wanted to get something at the gift shop so I let them pick a postcard each. Zach got one with gems found in NC on it...(Brainy)...Ethan picked one with the dinsaur bones on it, Graham got one with the map of NC and good old Charlie got one with the "nightlife" of downtown Raleigh on it. We all had a great day, Zach and Ethan took naps and now Travis is entertaining them until the Mac n Cheese is ready. No one was injured and lot of memories were made. They also stayed clean enough to skip a bath...talk to ya tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
heehee... I am dying laughing about charlie. That kid cracked me up last week too. I applaud you for going out and it seems like you still kept your sanity... I love your attitude when it comes to letting the kids run around. I really need to learn some parenting tips from you. The kids are now at the TRULY fun camp :)
Post a Comment