Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hello from Wisconsin

As you can tell, we are in Wisconsin visiting Nana, PopPop and Great grandpa Allen. We are going on our third week here and believe it or not, no one has strangled anyone yet. We have a nice routine of sitting outside all day, swinging on the tire swing and watching the leaves fall. It's a hard life up here in good Ole' corn country. I have NEVER seen so much corn in my life. We have eaten corn, shucked corn, been through corn mazes and popped corn kernels off the cob (something Mrs. becker taught Emma to do). Oh, and Emma planted some corn too. Now, let me warn those of you who are thinking of coming to visit the cheese capital of the world...I hope you loke Bratwurst. I call them Worst Brats! Barf is all I can say. They eat them like they're hotdogs. Be ready!! On to the weather...I have died and gone to Autumn. A real Autumn! There's a chill in the air and the leaves change colors before your eyes. Let me ask you a question...have you ever really sat and watched leaves fall? It's like snow they're so thick. Well, enough for now. I refuse to come back to reality until Friday morning when we leave...if we leave. I have fallen in love with Wisconsin...me liking somewhere other than the south? I will say these people have a strange accent. It reminds me of the movie Fargo. They are nice but definitely not "Southern" nice. No one tells you about their Aunt who broke her hip or about their rash that seems to finally be healing...

5 comments:

Getz Gang said...

HAHA funny post! --T

Mocha_Mom said...

heehee... too funny! I'd like to watch the leaves fall, but then I'd be too stressed out about having to rake them... good thing you're coming home. We miss you all!

MoD said...

You better not let anyone in WI or MN hear you say that about brats! Personally I am picky about my brats - the cheese ones are nasty. You could be shunned if the locals catch wind of your anti-bratness. :) happy to hear you love the midwest. It's really pretty up here and we get all four seasons. Someday you should visit the Twin Cities - you'd love it!

MOMjNana said...

Granpa Allen made a very wise remark today. I was attempting to do some cleaning up downstairs in the barn and he said "it took them 3 weeks to get it to this stage, why do you think you can clean it up in one?" Brilliant! MOMjNana

MOMjNana said...

Christy, did you really think you could milk male cows? : )