Well, I made it through the surgery fine. I decided that I didn't want to know ANYTHING about the surgery so when the doc came in the brief us on it, I said..."Don't tell me a thing! I'd rather not know if you are going to break any bones or how long it will take...bc that will tell me how extensive it is." So, I just pretended it was a quick in and out thing. Unfortunately, I looked at the clock on the way out. I had to be there at 9:30 and when we left it was 2pm!! When I woke up from the surgery, they had a bandage over my nose. LAWD HAVE!! I said "I'm suffocating!!!" They said, "Oh, honey, it's just for drainage." I said, "I'll hold a tissue there, but this thing is suffocating me PEOPLE!!" The doc came in and asked me how I felt and I told him the same thing..."I am suffocating!" He said..."Well, this is just like if you had surgery on your knee and you told me your knee hurt when you walked!" He must of been kidding...there is a small difference in walking and BREATHING!!! I think I was pretty loopy because I looked at him and said, "BITE ME!" He did come over and take of the bandage...
Then they decided I needed to eat and drink. Well, MOMMA needed something more than a graham cracker. I was ready for a meal. But, they insisted on a graham cracker and ginger ale....If I didn't feel bad before, that combination made he feel like I was 7 years old at home with the flu! WHo drinks ginger ale anymore! So, as I drank the ginger ale, I realized I was getting heartburn.. So, I'm suffocating, nauseous and have heartburn. I said, "lady you have got to find me some tums" She said, "well, we'll have to get the doctor to write you a prescription for something! " Are you kidding me??? Go to your purse and get me some of YOUR tums, Lady! I actually thought I had some in the glove box in the van. Well, I did get some maalox which helped. I'm home now and resting some...poor travis and poor mom. Those kids are running them ragged! I should get up and go help...maybe I'll just take another oxycodone and take a nap!
2 comments:
okay, so I'm dying laughing... I can just see you having fits and shouting something like, 'GIRRRL...' let me know if you need anything...love you!
hilarious! sounds like you were on some good painkillers! glad the surgery went okay and you're feeling better. sorry i missed your call today... i'll call you in the afternoon....
Post a Comment